03 September 2009

Perhaps the eyes don't have it ...

I was having major issues with my eyesight while driving the kids to school the other morning. It was blurry and I was getting really uptight because I normally visit my optometrist every 2 years for a vision check and the purchase of new glasses and it is only 9 months since my last appointment. I was calculating in my head how quickly my vision was deteriorating and lamenting its steady decline. It was troubling not seeing correctly, the signs were just that fraction out of focus; not enough to totally hinder my driving ability but enough to bug me and make me aware of my eyes short comings. I made it home without mishap and decided perhaps a really good clean of the lenses might be helpful. It was then I realised I had driven all the way over and back wearing my reading glasses. No wonder my vision was off.

No comments: