24 November 2009

About being thankful ...

Obviously we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia but a number of my online American friends have been doing thankful posts on their blogs these past weeks sharing what they are thankful for. I really like this concept so today I will share what I am grateful for.

John probably deserves my heartfelt gratitude.

I don't say it near often enough but I'm thankful for him almost daily; for the way he supports us as a family and provides for us, for his generosity, his interaction with both children, for putting up with me. I'm thankful for his ability to put together a meal, and I'm thankful to his mother for raising him to help around the house. I'm thankful for his hard working nature, his integrity, his support and encouragement.

I'm thankful for our two healthy children and their different ambitions and personalities. Even when they are sulky, talking back, inconsiderate, annoying, leaving wet towels on the floor, tuning out when I talk to them, living in a pig sty, whinging about doing homework, yelling for me from across the house, etc. Even then, especially then, I am thankful to have them in my life.

I'm thankful for sunrises and sunsets, flowers, rain and brightly coloured birds.
I'm thankful for hot, steamy showers and cozy flannel sheets in winter.
I'm thankful for a good cup of tea and homemade biscuits.
For TV re-runs, music and really good books.
For fast internet service and online forums.

I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had in this life, for friendships made. I'm thankful that I am who I am.

No comments: