09 August 2011

EXPLORE - Day 16

This is the final week of Explore with Shimelle and she has us focusing our exploration of a goal (one we need to choose for ourselves).

So what is it I want to accomplish this week?

The obvious is that I’d really like to finish this class – catching up with blog entries and my little workbook as I am a bit behind with both – I can see a lot of class participants will have that as one of their goals.

I also know that Shimelle will have an entire weekend of crafty goodness and fun for us with her upcoming crop starting on the 12th.  These crops are always so motivational so I can’t wait to jump in with whatever she has in store for us.

Big Picture Classes starts their free summer class Big Idea Festival on the 15th and runs for 12 days with a wealth of very talented ladies leading the way.  These free classes are well thought out and again provide such great inspiration.  This year I believe we will be putting together a mini album – a page per day.

Add that to my existing Design Team commitments at From Screen 2 Scrap (where we are also celebrating our 2nd birthday this month with extra wonderful challenges I would also like to participate in myself) plus Soul Scrappers and I can tell I will literally be inundated with challenges for the next several weeks.  I may well need some staminade to get through it all this month!  It never rains but it pours so they say.

So I guess my goal for this week and the next couple is to stay focused, remain positive and try to keep on top of these crops, classes and challenges to take full advantage of the inspiration and education they provide.

On a non-scrappy focus note … I’d like to finish cleaning my vertical blinds.  I’m in the process of taking down the vertical slats and wiping over each one individually – it is amazing how many little stains and spills seem to land on these blinds and how time consuming the job of properly cleaning them is.  I have three large windows to do and am only half way through the first but this goal is achievable!  Focus!!

No comments: