02 February 2013

An Archi-scraps announcement

Very happy to announce I am now part of the design team at Archi-scraps along with ...

DALE TIERNAN

ANN MURPHY

POLLY LIBBY

DEBI CLARKE

BELINDA LOWE

DONNA COPE
 
 
Archi-scraps is a relatively new scrapbooking challenge blog set up by Julene Matthews and finds inspiration from architecture (buildings).
 
The inspiration piece for February is very striking.   It is fountain in North Carolina,USA by Czech artist David Černýs called  'Metalmorphosis.'
 

Present a layout (or card) using a headshot (close up) of a person and use bling.


Maybe it is because it is a giant, mirrored head which rotates, spits water, deconstructs and reconstructs before our eyes. Or perhaps it is the fact that the whole thing is filmed on webcam so you can keep tabs on it at all times. But it's most likely because 'Metalmorphosis' makes our world look the way we secretly hoped it would when we saw 'Terminator' for the first time.

The mammoth undertaking weighs 14 tons, and the "seven-metre tall structure with horizontally-moving stainless-steel plates... form, and re-form, a giant metal head." Since 2007, it has been on display at the Whitehall Technology Park in Charlotte, North Carolina.here's a link to a video where you can watch it move.

 
When  I first saw this piece I immediately thought of three things - layers, blue and water.
 
On closer inspection I realised that it wasn't just blue but has elements of green and white throughout it as well.  Upon searching through my photographs I located a set of head and shoulder shots on my daughter and her boyfriend taken on the Sydney Harbour Bridge overlooking Sydney harbour which I think worked well for the criteria.  I used strips of patterned paper placed vertically on my page rather than horizontal and added a couple of rhinestones to represent the bling.
 
 
 



 

No comments: