15 July 2013

Some colour inspiration ...

Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge has posed an interesting question this month.

What is your favourite colour?  Why?  How does it make you feel?  Or make a monochromatic layout from your favourite colour - or journal the challenge or both!!


I have to say in all honesty I don't really have a favourite colour - there are lots of colours I very much like, pinks, lavender, blue, green, red and even yellow.  I tend to wear a lot of navy and blue with a splash of other colours thrown in.  My house is a mix of cool and warm colours and is decorated in what I would call fairly muted, light and airy tones.

When I look through my scrapbooking layouts however another story is told - I seem to have a leaning towards green.  In fact green appears in an awful lot of my pages - both the masculine and the feminine.  I guess it is a colour that works well with most everything since it is the dominant colour in nature and we are so used to seeing it everywhere. 

They say that green occupies more space in the spectrum visible to the human eye than most other colours and is second only to blue as a favourite colour.

Green is seen as a tranquil and refreshing colour - a colour of peace and harmony.  It is a restful, calming colour (no wonder many prison cells are painted in shades of the forest and leaves).

So here is another cool and calming layout featuring my admiration for green.  Aghhh the serenity!



 

No comments: