28 March 2014

Ah my youth ...

I really love the challenge this month on Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge

Scrap or art journal about a favourite song in from your teens. You can scrap some of the lyrics, or the title, or a photo of the band …

I've done this page as a replica of the pin board I had in my room as a teenager.  I would buy all the gossipy teen magazines and cut out the pictures of my teen idols and then pin them on the board.  These would change a little over my teenager years from my younger David Cassidy and Donny Osmond obsessed era to my love affair with John Paul Young and the Skyhooks.  

One of my all time favourite songs from that time period was Wings of an Eagle by Russell Morris.  I can remember buying the album on cassette tape (yep remember them!!) and playing it over and over and over on my cassette player in my room until my dad screamed at me to "find another bloody song".  Ah those were the days ... Living in the 70's.





2 comments:

Eli said...

You have centered perfectly the spirit of the challenge! It's beautiful your page, I really like it. A kiss and we hope to see you soon here at AFSC.
Eli

Anne Pennington said...

Jane - this is wonderful!! I remember those days too. Loving your take on the challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Would LOVE to see your work here again!!!